Stroll Weekend Entertainer Application – 2018
- Gallery Walk Street Festival, downtown Brattleboro, Friday, June 1, 2018 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. We’re looking for general entertainment options including stage performers as well as street performers like magicians, wandering minstrels, etc.
- Pre-Parade Entertainment, downtown Brattleboro, Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. This should be ambulatory entertainment, warming up the crowd along the parade route. Clowns, magicians, musicians, dancers, balloon people, etc.
- Slow Living Expo, Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. We’re looking for entertainers in three different categories:
- Entertainment for families with children: In the C&S Family Entertainment tent on the Retreat lawn, we’ll be featuring a lineup of entertainers of all kinds: music, storytelling, clown acts, puppets, kid shows, magic, dance, theater.
- Youth/teen bands: We’ll have a tent featuring a non-stop lineup of young musical talent in all genres: rock, folk, jazz, hiphop, soul etc.
- Traditional music genres: We’ll be featuring various traditional musical genres in the gazebo on the Commons, including bluegrass, folk, fiddles, banjos, ukes, country, old-timey stuff — you get the idea.
Stroll Weekend attracts tens of thousands visitors to Brattleboro, so this is an excellent way to promote yourself or your group. Every performer is featured on our website, in our program book (17,000 copies distributed), and in press releases. We also do our best to mention all performers on Facebook. Pre-parade entertainers may be filmed by Brattleboro Community Television.
Prime performance locations with high visibility will be offered to all artists selected. We are interested in all styles of appropriate family entertainment, including walk-around performers and balloon artists or face painters who will work for tips.
Each application will be reviewed by the entertainment production team. You will be contacted by phone or email after your application is received.
The application deadline is Wednesday, April 5, 2018.
If you have any questions, please email Beth Kiendl at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 802-254-4270.