Slow Living Expo
The Slow Living Expo is an all day, 11-acre festival celebrating farms, farmers, local foods and green, sustainable living. It takes place on the Brattleboro Commons and the grounds of the Brattleboro Retreat on Saturday, June 8.
The Expo starts at 7 a.m. when the Pete & Gerry’s Organic Eggs breakfast tent opens up, serving coffee and organic breakfast fare. Other vendors gear up early as well, and by 9 a.m. the Expo is in full swing — so plan to arrive early for the parade, stake out your viewing spot, and browse the Expo.
After the Parade, follow the Parade crowd to the Expo for a day of fun, food, entertainment, exhibits, demonstrations and activities that continues until 4 p.m.
Among other things, the Expo will showcase:
- Crafts Village, featuring some of the finest regional crafts people as vendors and demonstrators.
- Cheese Village, featuring cheese makers and offering the public a taste of some of the region’s best cheeses in the New England Cheese Pavilion
- Solar and Energy area — featuring vendors and demonstrations on solar energy, energy conservation, sustainable materials and green construction techniques.
- Three entertainment tents featuring local and regional musicians and entertainers of every stripe
- A heifer judging by the University of Vermont Extension
- Trapeze artists from New England’s Center for Circus Arts.
- And don’t miss the many vendors and exhibitors focused on local agriculture and healthy, locally produced foods and fibers; renewable energy resources of all kinds; sustainably operated retail and manufacturing; local and regional art, crafts, entertainment and education.