Healthy Living Village at the Slow Living Expo 2018 (archive)
New! Health & Wellness Speakers
Saturday, June 2 — 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Expo, Retreat Grounds
Get answers to your health and wellness questions from professionals and hear inspiring speakers! There is truly something for everyone at the Strolling Health Pavilion this year. Jonas Cain will entertain between shows and can keep your children totally engaged while you listen to valuable information in this year’s Health Tent.
11:00-11:30 – Healthy Aging – Leona Thomas, Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
11:30-12:00 – Incorporating Herbs into your Everyday Life – Jen Toomey, New Chapter
12:00-12:30 – sustainable fitness – Marie-Catherine O’Malley, Freebody Wellness
12:30-1:00 – Healthy Eating – Carrie Quimby, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital
1:00-1:30 – Moving Towards Restful Sleep – Dr. Simi Ravven and Amanda Upton, Brattleboro Retreat
1:30-2:00 – Healthy Skin – Bill Kennedy, Udderly Smooth
And don’t forget to make time for all the other vendors in the Healthy Living Village.
- Am I eating a healthy diet? If not, how can I improve it?
- Am I getting enough exercise? How much is enough?
- My cholesterol is high. What’s the risk, and how can I reduce it?
- How can I quit smoking?
- What can I do about my back pain?
- I’m always stressed out — could yoga or meditation help me?
Get answers to these and many other health and wellness questions at the Healthy Living Village, on the Retreat grounds as part of the 2018 Slow Living Expo, sponsored by Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and the Brattleboro Retreat.
At the Healthy Living Village, you’ll find representatives of, or information about:
- Nutritionists, chefs and dieticians to demonstrate how to prepare healthy meals and to offer samples of in-season dishes.
- Exhibitors related to nutritional products and services
- Health clubs, personal trainers, martial arts trainers, etc. to do fitness demonstrations and offer information on their services
- Demonstrations of the benefits of yoga and meditation
- Information about practical do’s and don’ts relating to cigarette smoking, children’s car seats, seat belt use, etc.
- Physical therapists, chiropractic, massage and acupuncture specialists
- Health screenings for blood pressure, balance, hearing, vision
- Displays from other health-related entities and practitioners
Stop by, it will do you good!
Photo by Corey Templeton, used under Creative Commons License