Gallery Wall Contract
This Rental Contract page is for the artist or representative to complete for the Strolling of the Heifers / River Garden Gallery wall space in downtown Brattleboro, VT.
Prior to filling out the registration form (linked below), please contact Vicki Friedman regarding availability and rates. Vicki can be reached as follows:
For general information about the River Garden gallery and event photos, please visit this page.
Gallery at the Garden is for art displays on wall space only — includes use of wall space for approximately one month, ending no later than the Wednesday preceding the following month’s first Friday. If you need a table or other accessories that will use floor space, please discuss this with the River Garden coordinator in advance of booking. No commissions are charged on sales when exhibitor has rented the wall space. Rates include promotion of Gallery Walk opening in Gallery Walk guide, Gallery Walk press releases, Gallery Walk website, Stroll website, and Stroll Facebook page.
Your completion of the River Garden Gallery Contract signifies your agreement with all of the following terms and conditions. The Renter and Strolling of the Heifers, Inc. (“SOTH”) agree as follows:
The Renter (“Renter”) as listed in the Gallery Contract, agrees to the following conditions for use of the Robert H. Gibson River Garden (“Facility”), 157 Main Street, Brattleboro, VT 05301 which is owned and operated by Strolling of the Heifers (SOTH).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Wall space will be reserved upon receipt of signed Gallery Rental Contract and deposit.
2. If extensive cleaning or repair work is deemed necessary at the Facility management’s discretion a $50/hr fee will be charged. Repairs will be charged at cost. These costs will be deducted from the security deposit. Any remaining balance will be billed to the Renter.
3. Renter is responsible for conduct of its agents, representatives and participants and for any personal injury or property damage caused by them. Renter shall indemnify SOTH and its agents from any liability for personal injury and property damage or loss.
5. Compliance with all local, state, and federal laws which may govern any activity engaged in during the event is mandatory.
6. The space is provided “as is” and SOTH does not warrant the suitability of the Facility for any particular use.
7. SOTH will not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience incurred due to condition or availability of the Facility. SOTH may use the River Garden space for events during the rental period that may temporarily obstruct visibility of some or all of the gallery walls.
8. SOTH reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time and will return the full payment if it exercises this right.
9. Cancellation Policy:
- more than 90 days prior of a cancellation of the contract: 50% of FULL rental rate returned, if paid.
- 0-89 days prior – no refund of fees paid.
- For any cancellation of a rental contract you may apply your paid rental fees (including deposit) to a new contract of equivalent (or greater) value within 12 months of the cancelled rental period.
- Set-up and clean-up of the facility must be completed during business hours (M-F 9 am-5 pm)
- Exhibitor is required to review the available wall space and placement of art with River Garden Coordinator.
- Only use adhesives with permission from the River Garden Manager. Use art hooks and molding whenever possible. Use tape that will not pull off the paint on the walls. Use of nails, tacks or screws in the walls is prohibited. Double-sided Command Strips are suggested. Please consult list of WHAT TO BRING for art hanging materials.
- Nothing can be hung from sprinkler pipes or within eighteen (18) inches of a sprinkler head.
- Nothing may be placed or hung in such a manner as to inhibit the proper operation of any sprinkler head, emergency lighting or exit.
- River Garden Coordinator will provide 15 hanging hook and wire sets per wall space (30 total). Any hardware or materials provided by the River Garden is loaned ‘as is’ and the River Garden does not assume responsibility for any damages or injuries that may result from the use of our equipment. Renter must supply additional hanging materials if needed, or preferred.
- At the end of the gallery rental, all River Garden hanging hardware is to be returned to our Gallery Wall storage bins.
Front gallery wall: $165/month
Rear gallery wall: $145/month
Both front and rear gallery walls: $280 per month
Security Deposit: 50% of full rental fee, due with contract. This rental agreement will be considered “tentative” until security deposit is received.
Security deposit: 50% due at time of contract submission if more than 30 days from beginning of Gallery month.
Full Balance Due: 30 days prior to exhibit hanging date (if contract is submitted within 30 days of event start, then full payment is due at time of submission)
Refund policies: SEE ITEM 9 ABOVE – CANCELLATION POLICY
Please make checks payable to Strolling of the Heifers. Mailing address: 105 Partridge Road, East Dummerston, VT 05346 Receipt of your deposit confirms security of your Gallery rental dates.
If you have read the Terms and Conditions on this page, please click this button to go to the Contract form page:
Gallery wall contract form