Employment at Strolling of the Heifers
Mission: Strolling of the Heifers is a non-profit organization with the mission of connecting people with healthy local food, encouraging, and facilitating innovation and entrepreneurship in the farm/food sector, and supporting the development of stronger local food systems and healthy, sharing, connected and resilient communities.
Strolling of the Heifers, Inc. is seeking an experienced, professional Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions, and activities within our organization. The ideal candidate will have the creative skills and confidence needed to be the face of the organization, to shoulder the responsibility of providing organization-wide strategic direction and to implement a progressive vision for the future. We believe that an excellent Executive Director is one who can influence and inspire—s/he is able to awaken in others the desire to lead, motivate, and create a value-driven organizational culture. Candidates need to demonstrate impeccable communication skills and a holistic approach to organizational management/oversight of operations. We are looking for someone to lead our team to success whose goal is to inspire others and lead by example, enabling the organization to fully realize its mission and reach its maximum potential. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet business goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement strategies that successfully promote the organization’s mission and increase market share.
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
- Create a culture of transparency and communication throughout the organization
- Direct and oversee investments and fundraising efforts.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, partners, government agencies and other key parties.
- Address challenges proactively internally and externally to protect and build organizations interests.
- Represent the organization publicly (e.g. press interviews, attendance at public events), remaining ever mindful of the need to maintain excellent public relations standing.
- Recruit and develop a team of leaders to manage organizational functions.
- Provide excellent guidance and coaching to subordinate managers.
- Develop and provide constructive feedback to subordinate employees and volunteers.
Position qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in business administration or related degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related degree required.
- A minimum of six to eight years’ experience in an Executive Director or other senior managerial position.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Impeccable organizational skills and leadership abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take proactive measures against possible challenges, and resolve issues quickly, managing crises rapidly and effectively when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans.
- Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics.
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, public speaking, and relationship development.
- Proven success in fundraising and networking.
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, capable of creative solutions to solve problems thoroughly and rapidly.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management.
- Maintaining a solid understanding of the company’s overall health at all times.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. ∙ The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. ∙ Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Resume, Cover letter, and three references are to be submitted by Monday, Sept. 30, 2019 and emailed to: StrollHire@gmail.com
Strolling of the Heifers prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. Strolling of the Heifers is an equal opportunity employer.