- This event has passed.
Interplay with Judith Reichsman
10 October, 2014 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmfree
Warrior Mother: Fierce Love, Unbearable, Loss, and Rituals that Heal is the true story of a mother’s fierce love and determination, and her willingness to go outside the bounds of the ordinary when two of her three adult children are diagnosed with life-threatening disease. At a dance workshop, held to address the threat of the pandemic AIDS, the author admits she doesn’t know how to be the mother to her gay son. With the help of women in her spirituality group, she learns to say yes to what life is asking of her son, and of her, as his mother.
What is InterPlay ? InterPlay:
• is devoted to fun
• helps adults recover a spirit of play
• emphasizes the power of affirmation
• honors the wisdom of the body
• uses easy, incremental forms
• values and creates community
• is a practice that any body can do
• creates art from life- solo,partner,group play
• brings body, mind, heart and spirit together!
InterPlay is an easy path to an embodied life through affirmation, community and play! InterPlay values and creates community. We are not only individual bodies, but we are connected at a deeply physical level as well. We gain support, information and energy from others. InterPlay teaches people how to be embodied leaders and creative followers. It explores the physicality of relationships and how we can have individual fullness in community.