- This event has passed.
Cooking Class: Food as Medicine, for an anti-inflammatory diet. Class 2 of 3
30 January, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Culinary Classes at the River Garden: Food as Medicine
Food As Medicine
A three-part series with Amy Comerchero, owner of Amy’s Bakery Arts Cafe in Brattleboro
Jan. 16 – 5:30 – 7:00 | The Basics of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Feb. 13 – 5:30 – 7:00 | Treats, Desserts and Cravings
Diet greatly affects our health and well-being; this series will help you organize and implement healthy habits that are simple and manageable.
We will explore “food as medicine” and how to feast/eat with enjoyment while respecting your body.
These three classes will provide how-to methods for understanding and implementing an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle for those experiencing or suffering from:
- Chronic pain
- Lyme disease
- Inflammatory gut conditions (Crohn’s, colitis, etc.)
- Arthritic/gout conditions
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Diabetes, MS, Parkinson’s, Lupus, etc…other inflammatory conditions
…and anyone interested in eating for good health
1 Class – $35
2 Classes – $65
3 Classes – $95
Class 2 – Wed. January 30
Load the Oven, and eat like royalty for a week
We will fill the oven with (and dine on!) poultry, fish and vegetable dishes, and share recipes and cooking techniques for anti-inflammatory entrees.
- Poultry (Kentucky Fried style, Curried, Pomegranate barbecue and more)
- Fish (Miso Marinade)
- Vegetables and Side dishes
- Recipes and Menu planning