Strolling of the Heifers needs your support!
Please consider a generous donation to help us carry out our year-round mission: Supporting family farms by connecting people with healthy local foods.
Your gift of any amount helps Strolling of the Heifers to continue its support of New England’s family farms.
Strolling of the Heifers works to educate the public about the importance of sustainable local agriculture; we work to preserve the livelihoods of farming families and the health of consumers who depend on local farm products; and we help maintain the patronage of tourists who are drawn to our agricultural environment.
Currently, we support farmers in three major ways:
- During the annual Strolling of the Heifers Weekend (June 7-8-9, 2013) we honor our farmers and we connect tens of thousands of people to healthy foods and sustainable living during our Parade and Slow Living Expo.
- On a year round basis, we inform the public about the needs of family farmers, and opportunities for people to visit and buy directly from them, through our website, email newsletters, social media and other communications. As part of this we annual compile the Strolling of the Heifers Locavore Index, which ranks the 50 states in terms of their commitment to local foods.
- We encourage innovation by farm and food enterprises via the annual Strolling of the Heifers Farm/Food Business Plan Competition, which provides $30,000 in direct grants to farm and food entrepreneurs this year, and which we are working to expand to other regions of Vermont and New England.
- We gather experts in sustainable living and resilient communities from many sectors (business, government, education, non-profits and engaged citizens) at our annual Slow Living Summit.
Through these efforts, we continually work to bring people closer to farmers and farmers closer to people — the only solution to the challenge of maintaining a thriving agricultural sector in New England. We’ve been working at making these connections since 2001 (the word “locavore” wasn’t even coined until 2005!)
We can’t do it without you! Please support Strolling of the Heifers with a generous tax-deductible contribution!
Your gift will support and nurture all Strolling of the Heifers initiatives through our Farm/Food Giving Fund.
Strolling of the Heifers is, of course, a fully accredited 501(c)3 organization, so that your gift is fully tax deductible. Donations via PayPal or credit card can be made by clicking here:
- Or mail a check payable to STROLLING OF THE HEIFERS to:
Strolling of the Heifers
105 Partridge Road
East Dummerston, VT 05346