Slow Living Expo
Saturday, June 4 — 9 a.m.-4 p.m. — Brattleboro Common and Retreat Lawn
Meet the heifers up close and personal at the Slow Living Expo on the Brattleboro Common and the Brattleboro Retreat grounds — 11 acres of fun, food, entertainment and exhibits.
The Expo features local food producers, regional craftspeople, chefs demonstrating cheese cookery, a forestry exhibit, lots of musical talent, our famous Goat Olympics, a human foosball tournament, continuous shows by the New England Center for Circus Arts, and much more.
A map of the grounds:
At the Expo, be sure to visit:
- The heifers, who will be gathered in the shade at the east end of the Commons. They’ll be tired and have to go home early, so be sure to stop there first.
- Delicious food from many specialty vendors
- Three separate entertainment tents
- New England Center for Circus Arts offers shows throughout the day on the Retreat Grounds featuring advanced and professional students from around the world.
- The Woodlands Exhibit
- Cooking with Beef and Cheese — cooking demos by chefs and cheese experts
- Healthy Living Village — get answers to your health and wellness questions from health and fitness professionals!
- Crafts Village — browse wonderful creations from a wide variety of crafters!
- Home Energy Village — find access to a full range of resources that can save you money, while treating the planet better by saving energy at home!
- Goat Racing Olympics! — our annual goat races! Bet on the outcomes and win great prizes!
- Human Foosball Tournament — enter your team of 6 players in a round-robin tournament!
- Dozens of farms, businesses, non-profit organizations
- Bouncing Castles! Climb on a tractor!