River Garden Terms and Conditions and Renter Responsibilities
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Facility will be reserved upon receipt of signed Rental Contract and deposit.
2. MANDATORY: All event space renters must furnish SOTH with a full Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) that proves its required insurance is in full force and effect during the event, with limits of not less than of $1,000,000 coverage per occurrence if the renter has a commercial insurance policy — naming SOTH as additional insured, protecting SOTH and Renter against loss, cost or expense by reason of occupancy of the Facility or by the Renter, its agents, employees and invitees.
If you have a personal/homeowner policy you need to furnish SOTH with a full Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) that proves insurance is in full force and effect during the event, with limits of not less than of $500,000 coverage per occurrence.
The policy shall be provided by reputable companies licensed to do business in the State of Vermont. If full documentation is not provided 30 days prior to the event, SOTH reserves the right to deny rental. Refunds will be given in accordance with SOTH’s refund policies, as listed in the area entitled “Refund Policies” further down this page.
3. Smoking, open flame, cooking that creates smoke or grease-laden vapor, or use of hazardous substances is prohibited.
4. Use only appropriate tacks and/or pushpins on decorative panels and walls with permission from the River Garden Manager. Use art hooks and molding whenever possible. Use tape that will not pull off the paint on the walls. Use of nails or screws in the walls or decorative panels is prohibited.
5. Nothing can be hung from sprinkler pipes or within eighteen (18) inches of a sprinkler head.
6. Nothing may be placed or hung in such a manner as to inhibit the proper operation of any sprinkler head, emergency lighting or exit.
7. Event decorations and/or displays should be approved by River Garden Manager prior to event.
8. All doorways should be left unobstructed.
9. Signage and posters can be hung in the front windows WITH MANAGEMENT APPROVAL ONLY.
10. If extensive cleaning is deemed necessary at the Facility management’s discretion a $50/hr fee will be charged. Repairs will be charged at cost. These costs will be deducted from the security deposit. Any remaining balance will be billed to the Renter.
11. Renter is responsible for conduct of its agents, representatives and participants and for any personal injury or property damage caused by them. Renter shall indemnify SOTH and its agents from any liability for personal injury and property damage or loss.
12. Compliance with all local, state, and federal laws which may govern any activity engaged in during the event is mandatory.
13. Posting of political signs inside or outside the Facility is not allowed without specific approval of SOTH.
14. Renter has exclusive use of Facility for the hours and purpose specified and has the right to exclude the Public from restroom and deck use at their discretion.
15. The space is provided “as is” and SOTH does not warrant the suitability of the Facility for any particular use.
16. SOTH will not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience incurred due to condition or availability of the Facility.
17. SOTH reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time and will return the full payment if it exercises this right.
18. Cancellation Policy:
- 60 days prior – full refund
- 30-59 days prior – half of security deposit refunded
- 15-29 days prior – 50% of full anticipated rental unless equivalent rental is obtained.
- 1-14 days prior – no refund unless equivalent rental is obtained.
1. Set-up and clean-up of the Facility.
2. Pick-up of key no sooner than 2 days prior to the event (if key available).
3. Key to be used solely for specified event(s).
4. Check with manager regarding guidelines for use of walls and panels for displays and hanging art.
5. Discuss plan for decorations and/or display prior to event.
6. Clean Facility after event. Brooms, mops, sponges, cleaners, garbage bags are stored in the utility room.
- Broom sweep the floor.
- Mop up spills.
- Wipe table tops.
- Empty trash cans and put garbage into dumpster located outside the building.
- Put new garbage bags into trash cans.
7. Move River Garden tables, chairs and planters to original locations.
8. Return chairs and tables to the storage unit.
9. After event, re-set according to schematic.
10. Turn off all lights. (Light switches can be found on the wall to the immediate right as you walk into the utility closet. Spotlight switches are located on the left side of the column on the back wall).
11. Make sure all back doors are locked, including the door to the dumpster.
12. Lock front door by releasing Velcro strap and make sure door is securely locked from outside by checking!
13. Arrange for immediate removal and pick up of any and all materials and furnishings that were brought in.
14. Leave the key in the locked drop box.