River Garden Rental Contract
This is the page for organizations and businesses to complete a rental contract for the Robert H. Gibson River Garden in downtown Brattleboro, Vermont.
If you have not yet spoken to Stacey Conn, the Stroll’s general manager, about availability and rates, please do that first, before filling out the form linked below. Stacey can be reached at 802-246-0982 (office) or 802-490-6366 (cell) or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information about the River Garden and event photos, please visit this page.
To rent the River Garden, please read the following information carefully. Then click the Contract Form button at bottom of page, complete the rental form, arrange for payment (online or by check) and click the “Submit” button.
Your completion of the River Garden Rental Agreement signifies your agreement with all of the following terms and conditions. The Renter and Strolling of the Heifers, Inc. (“SOTH”) agree as follows:
The Renter (“Renter”) as listed in the Rental Agreement form, agrees to the following conditions for use of the Robert H. Gibson River Garden (“Facility”),157 Main Street, Brattleboro, VT 05301 which is owned and operated by Strolling of the Heifers (“SOTH”), 105 Partridge Road, East Dummerston, VT 05346.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Facility will be reserved upon receipt of signed Rental Agreement and deposit.
2. MANDATORY: All event space renters must furnish SOTH with a full Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) that proves its required event insurance is in full force and effect during the event, with limits of not less than of $1,000,000 coverage per occurrence. naming SOTH as additional insured, protecting SOTH and Renter against loss, cost or expense by reason of occupancy of the Facility or by the Renter, its agents, employees and invitees. The policy shall be provided by reputable companies licensed to do business in the State of Vermont and in a form satisfactory to SOTH. If full documentation is not provided prior to the event, SOTH reserves the right to deny rental. Refunds will be given in accordance with SOTH’s refund policies, as listed in the area entitled “Refund Policies” further down this page.
3. No use shall be made or permitted, nor acts done or permitted, which will increase the rate or cause cancellation of any existing insurance covering the premises.
4. Smoking, open flame, cooking that creates smoke or grease-laden vapor, or use of hazardous substances is prohibited.
5. Use only appropriate tacks and/or pushpins on decorative panels and walls with permission from the River Garden Manager. Use art hooks and molding whenever possible. Use tape that will not pull off the paint on the walls. Use of nails or screws in the walls or decorative panels is prohibited.
6. Nothing can be hung from sprinkler pipes or within eighteen (18) inches of a sprinkler head.
7. Nothing may be placed or hung in such a manner as to inhibit the proper operation of any sprinkler head, emergency lighting or exit.
8. Event decorations and/or displays should be approved by River Garden Manager prior to event.
9. All doorways should be left unobstructed.
10. Signage and posters can be hung in the front windows WITH MANAGEMENT APPROVAL ONLY.
11. If extensive cleaning is deemed necessary at the Facility management’s discretion a $50/hr fee will be charged. Repairs will be charged at cost. These costs will be deducted from the security deposit. Any remaining balance will be billed to the Renter.
12. Renter is responsible for conduct of its agents, representatives and participants and for any personal injury or property damage caused by them. Renter shall indemnify SOTH and its agents from any liability for personal injury and property damage or loss.
13. Compliance with all local, state, and federal laws which may govern any activity engaged in during the event is mandatory.
14. Posting of political signs inside or outside the Facility is not allowed.
15. Renter has exclusive use of Facility for the hours and purpose specified and has the right to exclude the Public from restroom and deck use at their discretion.
16. The space is provided “as is” and SOTH does not warrant the suitability of the Facility for any particular use.
17. SOTH will not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience incurred due to condition or availability of the Facility.
18. SOTH reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time and will return the full payment if it exercises this right.
19. Cancellation Policy: 60 days prior – full refund 30-59 days prior – ½ security deposit refunded 15-29 days prior – 50% of full anticipated rental* 1-14 days prior – no refund*
*unless equivalent rental is obtained.
1. Set-up and clean-up of the Facility.
2. Pick-up of key no sooner than 2 days prior to the event (if key available).
3. Key to be used solely for specified event(s).
4. Check with manager regarding guidelines for use of walls and panels for displays and hanging art.
5. Discuss plan for decorations and/or display prior to event.
6. Clean Facility after event. Brooms, mops, sponges, cleaners, garbage bags are stored in the utility room.
- Broom sweep the floor.
- Mop up spills.
- Wipe table tops.
- Empty trash cans and put garbage into dumpster located outside the building.
- Put new garbage bags into trash cans.
7. Move River Garden tables, chairs and planters to original locations.
8. Return chairs and tables to the basement.
9. After event, re-set according to schematic.
10. Turn off all lights. (Light switches can be found on the wall to the immediate right as you walk into the utility closet. Spotlight switches are located on the left side of the column on the back wall).
11. Make sure all back doors are locked, including the door to the dumpster.
12. Lock front door with key provided.
13. Arrange for immediate removal and pick up of any and all materials and furnishings that were brought in.
14. Return key within 24 hours.
Monday – Thursday:
$70/hour (Non-profits: $50/hour)
Friday – Sunday:
$80/hour (Non-profits: $60/hour)
Gallery at the Garden wall space only — includes first Friday of the month Gallery Walk opening reception period (refreshments to be provided by exhibitor) and use of wall space for approximately one month, ending no later than the Wednesday preceding the following month’s first Friday. No commissions are charged on sales when exhibitor has rented the wall space. Rates include promotion of Gallery Walk opening event in Gallery Walk guide, Gallery Walk press releases, Gallery Walk website, Stroll website, and Stroll Facebook page.
Front gallery wall: $180/month
Rear gallery wall: $130/month
Both front and rear gallery walls: $280 per month
Table rental: $8 per 8-foot table (9 available); $6 per 6-foot table (22 available). No charge: use about up to 70 stacking chairs, about 10 bistro tables and about 30 bistro chairs.
Security Deposit: 50% of anticipated rental, $50 min., due with contract. Security deposit will be deposited immediately and applied to the final rental amount. This rental agreement will be considered “tentative” until security is received.
Damage/Cleaning/Key Deposit: $50 for 1-149 attendees; $200 for 150 attendees or more. Damage/Cleaning/Key deposit will be returned if not used.
Balance Due: 60 days in advance of rental date
Refund policies: Cancellation 60 days prior: refund of full deposit
Cancellation 15-59 days prior: refund of 50% deposit
Cancellation 1-14 days prior: no refund*
*unless equivalent rental is obtained
Please make checks payable to Strolling of the Heifers. Mailing address: 105 Partridge Road, East Dummerston, VT 05346
If you have read the Terms and Conditions on this page, please click this button to go to the Agreement form page: