Healthy Living Village at the Slow Living Expo
- Am I eating a healthy diet? If not, how can I improve it?
- Am I getting enough exercise? How much is enough?
- My cholesterol is high. What’s the risk, and how can I reduce it?
- How can I quit smoking?
- What can I do about my back pain?
- I’m always stressed out — could yoga or meditation help me?
Get answers to these and many other health and wellness questions at the Healthy Living Village, on the Retreat grounds as part of the 2017 Slow Living Expo, sponsored by Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and the Brattleboro Retreat.
At the Healthy Living Village, you’ll find representatives of, or information about:
- Nutritionists, chefs and dieticians to demonstrate how to prepare healthy meals and to offer samples of in-season dishes.
- Exhibitors related to nutritional products and services
- Health clubs, personal trainers, martial arts trainers, etc. to do fitness demonstrations and offer information on their services
- Demonstrations of the benefits of yoga and meditation
- Information about practical do’s and don’ts relating to cigarette smoking, children’s car seats, seat belt use, etc.
- Physical therapists, chiropractic, massage and acupuncture specialists
- Health screenings for blood pressure, balance, hearing, vision
- Displays from other health-related entities and practitioners
Stop by, it will do you good!
Photo by Corey Templeton, used under Creative Commons License