The Heifers can’t stroll without you!
Please consider a generous donation to help us carry out our year-round mission: Supporting family farms by connecting people with healthy local foods.
Our current funding priority is the development of a regional Farm/Food Education at the Robert H. Gibson River Garden in downtown Brattleboro — our new home since November, 2013.
Your gift of any amount helps us toward our vision for the River Garden Farm/Food Education Center, and enlists you as a charter member.
At the Center, we will tell the story of agriculture and food systems in our region, past, present and future. Our goal is for the Center to become widely known as a destination — as a place for discovery. People will come here to learn about Vermont’s agricultural legacy, its current agricultural economy, and its agricultural future. A visit to the River Garden will tell people how the local food system in our region works: what farmers produce, how it is aggregated and distributed, what kinds of businesses process and add value to local farm products, where our local farm and food products are distributed, sold and consumed, and how farmers, consumers and regions benefit when they actively strengthen local food networks. Visitors will encounter the story of a rich legacy, a set of bright opportunities, and a promising future of sustainable enterprises.
Your support also helps us continue our year round work in support of New England’s family farms, including these important efforts:
- During the annual Strolling of the Heifers Weekend (June 6-7-8, 2014) we honor our farmers, showcase local foods and promote sustainable living to tens of thousands of people during our Parade and Slow Living Expo.
- On a year round basis, we inform the public about the needs of family farmers, and opportunities for people to visit and buy directly from them, through our website, email newsletters, social media and other communications.
- We encourage innovation by farm and food enterprises via the Vermont Farm/Food Business Plan Competition, which provides $90,000 in direct grants to farm and food entrepreneurs each year.
- At our annual Slow Living Summit, we gather experts in sustainability and resilient communities from many sectors (business, government, education, non-profits and engaged citizens).
- Our nationally-publicized Locavore Index brings attention to farmers and local foods by ranking the 50 U. S. states in terms of their commitment to locally-sourced food.
Through these efforts, we continually work to bring people closer to farmers and farmers closer to people — the only solution to the challenge of maintaining a thriving agricultural sector in New England.
We can’t do it without you! Please support Strolling of the Heifers with a generous tax-deductible contribution!
Strolling of the Heifers is, of course, a fully accredited 501(c)3 organization, so that your gift is fully tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
PLEASE MAKE AN ONLINE DONATION NOW!
PLEASE NOTE: A PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS NOT NEEDED FOR ONLINE DONATIONS: To donate by credit card, click the Donate button above, fill in donation amount and then click the “Continue” link under “Don’t have a PayPal acccount?” on the PayPal landing page.)
SNAIL MAIL OPTION: Please send check payable to STROLLING OF THE HEIFERS to:
Strolling of the Heifers
105 Partridge Road
East Dummerston, VT 05346